Susan B. Katz
Autores semelhantes para seguir
Gerenciar aqueles que você segue
Os clientes também compraram itens de
Atualizações do Autor
Livros de Susan B. Katz
50 important events that shaped world history—for kids 8 to 12
Learning about history helps us understand how we got where we are today—and how to make the world a better place. From the rise of Mesopotamia in the distant past to the global pandemic of 2020, this kid-friendly journey takes young learners through thousands of years of history, one key event at a time.
This history book for kids features:
- 50 essential events—Kids will learn about the origins of the world’s biggest religions, the rise and fall of empires, remarkable discoveries, amazing inventions, and more.
- History revealed—Help kids dig deeper with amazing and informative bonus facts that expand on each event and how it fits into history.
- Ways to learn more—Encourage kids to find out even more about these world-shaping moments thanks to suggestions for further reading at the end of each entry.
Create the perfect foundation for an elementary history education with Major Events in World History.
Discover the life of Fred Rogers—a story about helping others for kids ages 6 to 9
Fred Rogers created one of the longest-running children’s TV shows ever, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. Before he became famous for his puppetry and storytelling, Fred was a shy kid who couldn’t play outside because of his allergies. He found a passion for puppets, which he used to start his own TV show as an adult.
On his show, Fred helped kids make sense of both serious and silly things, talk about their feelings, and feel loved. Explore how Fred Rogers went from a young boy growing up in Pennsylvania to an award-winning TV show host and beloved role model.
The Story of Fred Rogers includes:
- Helpful definitions—Explore a glossary with easy-to-understand definitions of some of the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Visual timeline—Watch Fred Rogers progress from a little boy with a dream to a famous TV star with a visual timeline of his life.
- Lasting legacy—Learn more about how Fred Rogers made a difference in the lives of millions of children and changed the world for the better.
How will Fred’s kindness inspire you?
Help kids ages 6 to 9 discover the life of Albert Einstein―a story about unleashing your imagination and discovering big things
Albert Einstein became one of the most important scientists in history for his discoveries about physics and how our universe works. Before everyone knew him as a genius, Albert was a curious kid who loved reading, learning, and experimenting with new ideas. He asked big questions and wasn’t afraid to make mistakes.
Explore how Albert Einstein went from being a young Jewish boy growing up in Germany to the most celebrated physicist ever.
The Story of Albert Einstein includes:
- Visual timeline―Watch Albert progress from curious kid to famous scientist.
- Helpful glossary―Find definitions for some of the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Lasting change―Learn about how Albert made the world a better place for future generations.
How will Albert Einstein’s life encourage your own curiosity about the world?
Discover the life of Frida Kahlo―a story about strength, creativity, and never giving up for kids ages 6 to 9
Frida Kahlo is one of the most celebrated artists in the world, but before she made history with her beautiful paintings and brave spirit, she went through a life-changing accident that would have made many people want to give up. This Frida Kahlo children’s book shows you how she fought to overcome setbacks and follow her passion to create amazing artwork and make the world a more colorful place.
In this unique Frida Kahlo children’s book, you can explore how she went from a young girl from a small Mexican town to one of the most well-known painters in history. How will her creativity and can-do attitude inspire you?
This vibrant Frida Kahlo children’s book includes:
- Word definitions―Increase your knowledge with a helpful glossary of easy-to-understand definitions for the more advanced words and ideas.
- See Frida’s progress―Check out a visual timeline of Frida’s life so you can get a picture of her important milestones.
- A lasting legacy―Learn about how Frida made the world a better place for future generations.
Take an exciting stroll through history with this illustrated Frida Kahlo children’s book.
Discover the life of Marie Curie―a story for kids 6 to 9 about discovering big things through hard work
Marie Curie became one of the most celebrated scientists in history. Before she changed the world with her discoveries in physics and chemistry, Marie was an intelligent girl who studied hard to reach the top of her class. She overcame many challenges, including people who told her she couldn’t be a scientist because she was a woman. She didn’t let anything stop her, and her important research is still helping people today. Explore how Marie Curie went from being a young girl growing up in Poland to a famous, Nobel Prize-winning scientist.
The Story of Marie Curie includes:
- Helpful glossary―Find easy-to-understand definitions for some of the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Lasting change―See how Marie Curie made the world a better place for future generations.
- Test your knowledge―Take a fun quiz about the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Marie’s life.
How will Marie’s determination and curiosity inspire you?
Discover the life of Gandhi—a story for kids ages 6 to 9 about building bridges to peace
Gandhi was one of the most important leaders in history. He used peaceful protests and other nonviolent methods to stand up for equal rights for all people. Before he showed the world that peaceful actions can create powerful change, he was a shy young boy who kept to himself. He studied hard in school, became a lawyer, and used his skills to help others.
Explore how Gandhi went from being a quiet kid growing up in India to one of the bravest and most outspoken leaders in the entire world. How will his strength and dedication inspire you to do great things?
The Story of Gandhi includes:
- Word definitions—Find a helpful glossary with easy-to-understand definitions for some of the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Test your knowledge—Take a fun quiz to make sure you know the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Gandhi’s life.
- Lasting change—Dive deeper into the ways Gandhi changed the world for future generations, including you.
Gandhi started out as a dreamer, just like you! Learn more about his life with The Story of Gandhi.
Inspire kids ages 6 to 9 to love and protect animals, just like Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall is a celebrated scientist for her studies of chimpanzees in the forests of Africa. Before she observed chimps and helped save them from losing their home, Jane was a curious kid who loved learning about animals. She showed people that women could be scientists, just like men, and fought to follow her dream of working with wild chimps. Explore how Jane Goodall went from being a young nature lover in England to the most important chimpanzee expert in the world.
This Jane Goodall chapter book for kids ages 6-9 includes:
- Word definitions―Discover helpful definitions for the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Test your knowledge―Take a quiz at the end of the book to make sure you understand the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Jane Goodall’s life.
- A lasting legacy―Learn about how Jane made the world a better place for future generations of both humans and animals.
How will Jane Goodall’s strong will inspire you?
Inspire kids ages 6 to 9 to fight for what's right, just like Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Learn the story of how Ruth Bader Ginsburg became the second woman ever to serve as a judge on the Supreme Court of the United States. Before she fought for equal rights and made history, Ruth was a curious kid who loved to read stories about strong women. In school, Ruth wished girls could have as many opportunities as boys. She soon learned that by studying and working hard, she could change her life―and the world.
Of all the Ruth Bader Ginsburg children’s books, this one really lets you explore how she went from a Jewish girl during World War II to one of the most celebrated leaders in America.
- Helpful glossary―Find definitions for the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Visual timeline―Newly independent readers can check out visual timelines of Ruth’s amazing progress.
- Lasting change―Learn about how Ruth made the world a better place for future generations, including you!
Get inspired by this standout among Ruth Bader Ginsburg children’s books for grades 1-2.
Discover the life of Walt Disney—a story about imagination and invention, for kids ages 6 to 9
Walt Disney was a talented artist who created magical new worlds in the form of TV shows, movies, and amusement parks. Before he won the hearts of millions with characters like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Walt was an imaginative boy who loved drawing. He learned how to use the newest technology to make cartoons that would entertain and delight viewers all over the world. This book explores how Walt went from being a young boy growing up in the Midwest to a creative genius.
What sets this Walt Disney biography apart:
- Core curriculum—Kids will discover the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Walt’s life, and take a quick quiz to test their knowledge.
- Short chapters—This Walt Disney book features brief, easy-to-digest chapters that will keep young learners engaged and wanting to read more.
- His lasting legacy—Kids will discover how Walt changed the world of animation and entertainment for future generations.
How will Walt’s hard work and love of storytelling inspire the child in your life?
An introduction to the history of the Civil War for kids ages 6 to 9
The United States was not always united. On December 20, 1860, South Carolina became the first state to leave the Union. Soon after, many other states joined it to try and create their own country: the Confederate States of America. Within months, the Confederates would launch an attack on Fort Sumter and begin a war that lasted almost four years. This engaging story explores how and why the war started, who was fighting, what happened during the many bloody battles, and how the Union and Confederacy reunited.
This Civil War book for kids features:
- A visual timeline—Kids will be able to easily follow the history of the Civil War thanks to a timeline marking major milestones.
- Core curriculum—Teach kids about the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How behind the Civil War, and test their knowledge with a quick quiz after they finish.
- Lasting changes—Encourage kids to explore thought-provoking questions that help them better understand how the Civil War changed the United States.
Get early readers interested in one of America’s most defining historical events with this standout guide to the Civil War for kids 6-9.
Make reading comprehension a blast with 100 activities for 4th graders
Show 4th graders how much fun practicing their reading comprehension can be. This workbook is full of exercises that help kids develop essential reading skills while exploring fun stories. Get kids primed for school with engaging lessons that cover everything from identifying themes to understanding poetry and building their vocabulary!
- 100 activities—Keep kids interested with puzzles, word searches, and graphic organizers that get their minds working.
- Key reading topics—4th graders can deepen their understanding of what they read by practicing comparing points of view, recognizing story structure, describing characters, and more.
- Progressive skill building—Students will discover reading comprehension fun and games that start simple and grow more challenging to match their growing skills.
- Targeted learning—These exercises are aligned with the national standards for 4th grade learning and include labels to indicate which core skill each one teaches.
Give early readers a boost in school with this colorful 4th grade workbook for reading comprehension.
Explore the history of Pearl Harbor—the attack that brought America into World War 2
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese military launched a surprise attack against the Pearl Harbor naval base in Oahu, Hawaii. The next day, President Roosevelt declared war and America entered into World War 2. Go on a suspenseful journey with this colorfully illustrated story about World War 2 for kids. It takes you through all the events that led up to the attack on Pearl Harbor, the attack itself, and the impact it had on the future of the war.
This book about Pearl Harbor and World War 2 for kids includes:
- A visual timeline—Take a look at all the important details of the Pearl Harbor attack with a timeline marking the major milestones.
- Core curriculum—Learn the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Pearl Harbor, and take a quick quiz to test your knowledge after you finish this book about World War 2 for kids.
- Lasting change—Explore thought-provoking questions that help you better understand how the events at Pearl Harbor affected the world you live in today.
Learn about “the day that will live in infamy” with this engaging book about World War 2 for kids.